PIN IT HERE
Are you looking for another great way to spice up your popcorn ball addiction? This recipe is pretty easy and will give your popcorn balls a pretty look and taste. Don’t share your food or you will be stuck making it for everyone, they are that good.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup peppermint pieces (broken up candy canes or other peppermint candy)
- Using a large pot with a lid, add in the popcorn kernels and oil. Cook in medium until all kernels have popped. Set aside.
- Using a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook on high heat until a candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the peppermint pieces to the cooked popcorn.
- Drizzle the liquid on top of the popcorn and let cool down some.
- When it is the right temperature to touch, with greased hands roll the popcorn into bite sized.
- Add additional peppermint pieces on top.
- Serve and enjoy.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to pin it to keep it around for later!
Leave a Reply