This week we have a fun chocolate chip cookie recipe for St. Patrick’s Day. These are so quick to mix up and are taste great, if you love the combination of mint and chocolate as much as I do! If you are on a gluten free diet, you can substitute your favorite Gluten Free all-purpose flour with great results. If you prefer cupcakes, check out our Gluten Free Rainbow Cupcakes from last week!
First, gather up everything you need. Don’t forget parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. They really help your cookies hold their shape! Cream your butter & sugar. Add the eggs and mix really well. Add the vanilla and mix until your batter is fluffy.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add your dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low until combined. Add your green food coloring. If you prefer a gel, make sure to add it slowly because it holds it color better. Fold in your chips and drop large spoonfuls onto your baking sheet. In about 13 minutes, you’ll have delicious cookies. Try to resist eating them before they cool!
- ¾ cup softened Butter
- 2¾ cup Flour
- 1¼ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 drops Green Food Coloring
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate and Mint Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl and mix together well.
- Add dry mixture to wet and mix on low until combined.
- Add green food coloring and mix until color is consistent.
- Add mint chips and stir until well distributed.
- Drop tablespoon sized portions of cookie dough onto prepared sheet.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes.
- Allow to cool.