Gluten free baking is an art, if you want to come up with something your children will eat. Not only will they not argue over eating these gluten free rainbow cupcakes, they’ll be begging to help make them!
These cupcakes are really easy to make and you could substitute your favorite boxed mix and canned frosting to save time. Start by making your cupcakes and letting them cook completely. Frost them with your favorite decorating tip or a butter knife works too!
Grab some plain m&ms and a bag of the Easter m&ms, and a bag of mini marshmallows.Put the m&ms in a rainbow pattern with a mini marshmallow at each end. The kids love to help with this step, but only about half the candies seem to make it onto the cupcakes here!
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- ⅔ cup Safflower Oil
- 1½ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Applesauce
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Stir flour & baking powder together
- Mix milk, oil, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and salt
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix about 2 minutes (until smooth)
- Fill each cup with about ¼ cup of batter
- Bake for 17 minutes (toothpick should come out clean)
- Let cool a few minutes and move to cooling rack
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Combine cream cheese & agave until well blended.
- Whip in cream (a little at a time) until the frosting thickens to the consistency you would like.
Note: Cupcake recipe modified from The Misfit Baker & frosting recipe modified from Elana’s Pantry!