These cute and sassy, but super delicious Snowball Donut Halls will be a great addition to a holiday table or even for a breakfast. You can spend some time with the kids or family making them to share with the rest of your family.
Ingredients: (yields 20)
- 2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice or White Vinegar
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 10 drops Wilton White White Icing Color
- 1/4 cup White Sanding Sugar
- Add lemon juice to milk (buttermilk substitute).
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray Donut pan
- Combine dry donut ingredients in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Fill each ring about to top. Make sure it tops center hole.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until tops rebound when pressed.
- Leave donut holes in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl just big enough to dip donuts, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip top of donut in glaze.
- Hold above bowl allowing excess to drip off.
- Place donut on wax paper or return to cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar before continuing with next donut.