I am always looking for ways I can stretch our household budget. Whether that be using coupons to stretch our food budget, calling around to pay less for our phone plan, or looking for ways to lower our utility bills, it all works together to lower how much we pay out every month. The more money we are able to cut off of our bills, the more money we have left over at the end of the month to go out and do something fun, or add to our family vacation fund!
Buying ENERGY STAR® products can be one way that you will save money in the long run on your utility bill. By lowering how much energy is being used on the items that are already running in your home, you will start to see the savings add up!
When I heard that Best Buy is committed to providing sustainable products and carries ENERGY STAR Dryers and Sound Bars, I had to find out more! I know our dryer is a huge energy hog in our house with all of the laundry that goes along with a family, but I hadn’t even considered that the sound bar is sucking energy as well whenever we are watching tv! Just replacing those two items with ENERGY STAR products will help us lower those utility bills! Plus I can feel good knowing that ENERGY STAR certified products also help protect the environment by using reduced energy.
ENERGY STAR certified audio/video equipment, including sound bars is up to 50 percent more efficient than conventional models. Consumers can maximize their energy savings by bundling ENERGY STAR certified televisions and sound bars and other products.
Check out their ENERGY STAR certified Sound Bars Here.
“ENERGY STAR certified dryers use 20 percent less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance. They do this using innovative energy saving technologies, such as moisture sensors that detect when clothes are dry and automatically shut the dryer off. Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as steam cycles that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
More than 80 percent of American homes have a clothes dryer, so the savings opportunity is huge. If all clothes dryers sold in the US were ENERGY STAR certified, Americans could save $1.5 billion each year in utility costs and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to more than 2 million vehicles. To choose a dryer that saves energy and money while protecting the environment, look for the ENERGY STAR label.
Check out their ENERGY STAR Certified Dryers Here.
******Rebates are often available from utilities for smart home products and appliances. Find rebates in your area for energy-saving products with the Best Buy Rebate Finder Link Here to possibly save even more!
More about Sustainability at Best Buy:
Best Buy is committed to positively impacting the environment and our communities. Best Buy provides our customers with a wide assortment of sustainable products. This includes offering a large selection of energy-efficient products, including ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronics and appliances.
Best Buy ENERGY STAR Stats:
· In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased enough ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save $67,120,515 in annual energy costs.
· In 2015, Best Buy customers pruchased ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save enough energy to help power 70,538 households for a year.
· In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased enough ENERGY STAR® certified Audio Equipment and Sound Bars to collectively help prevent the greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to removing 2,013 cars from the road for an entire year.
Find video on tips to learn how to save Here for more information.
· In 2015, Best Buy sold enough ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save our customers $67,120,515 in annual energy costs.
· In 2015, Best Buy sold enough ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save enough energy to help power 70,538 households for a year.
· In 2015, Best Buy sold enough ENERGY STAR® certified Audio Equipment and Sound Bars to collectively help prevent the greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to removing 2,013 cars from the road for an entire year.
ENERGY STAR Benefits
ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronic products save energy in comparison to non-certified products because they are more efficient in all usage modes: sleep, idle, and on.
· ENERGY STAR is a good choice for people interested in reducing their energy bill while helping to protect the environment.
· ENERGY STAR certified products save customers money. Products come with two price tags: the purchase price and the cost of operating the product. ENERGY STAR certified products can help customers save money on operating costs by reducing energy expenses without sacrificing performance.
· ENERGY STAR certified products reduce energy usage, which is good for the environment. Reduced energy helps to: Fight climate change, Reduce carbon emissions and other pollutants, Preserve more of the Earth’s natural resources
Now that you know all about Best Buy’s stance on Sustainability, and how much money you can save with ENERGY STAR Certified products in your home, you can start thinking about which ones you will get to start seeing those savings add up for your family!
*The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.