If you love pumpkin then you will have to try this recipe… These Pumpkin Bars are delicious and can be made into fun holiday items (like the candy corn pictured above). This recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz. can Libby’s canned pumpkin puree
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- food coloring
- candy corn
- 1 tube of icing gel
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9″ baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely and remove from pan.
- Tint frosting & Decorate