Turn a favorite kid treat into something awesome for the holidays… It’s always fun to play with food to make new creations even though moms around the world everywhere have always said don’t play with your food… But it’s so much fun! Here is the recipe to make your very own Krispy Wreath Treat to share with your friends and family for the holidays!
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- Wilton Holly and Berry Decorations.
- Red Fruit by the foot
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in enough food coloring to make the marshmallows very green.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Prepare the donut pan by spraying with cooking spray or coating with butter.
- Distribute the candy decorations around each donut cavity.
- Butter a spoon or your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Give them just a minute to cool, then flip them out onto wax paper and repeat process for remaining mixture.
- Cut off roughly 4″ length of fruit strip.
- Cut this in half lenghtwise.
- Fold over each side toward middle to make bow (you don’t need to tie as this sticks to itself instantly).
- Place on each wreath.