PIN IT HERE
Sometimes hot cocoa is a must in the fall and winter, but why keep using the boring packets when you can make your own? This recipe using only a couple of ingredients is delicious and sure to be a new family favorite.
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix cocoa, sugar, salt and water in medium pan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add milk and evaporated milk and continue stirring.
- Do not let milk boil or cocoa will scald.
- When temperature is hot enough for your tastes, transfer to cups.
- Add Whipped Cream, Marshmallows or Fluff as desired.
It’s delicious and I hope you enjoy it. If you like it don’t forget to pin it to save it for later!
Melody Hudson says
I’ve got to try this, I love homemade hot cocoa! Looks delicious.
Stacy Giacosa-Bauer says
I Love Hot Cocoa!!!
Rochelle Mullin says
Thanks so much for posting this. Definite keeper recipe for me.
Alice H says
Love this recipe – pinned it to save it – but, can’t wait to try!!