Halloween is like the perfect holiday, but not without treats! I know my kids usually have Halloween parties or fall parties at school and this recipe will be a hit I’m sure! Not to mention the kids can even help make these Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treat Bites!
Some of the all time favorite fall candy is candy corn but through out the year kids love Rice Krispie Treats so why not combine them into a big ball of awesomeness?
- 6 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal (divided into 2 portions)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (divided into 2 portions)
- 1 10 Oz Package Marshmallows or 4 Cups Mini Marshmallows (divided into 2 Portions)
- Melt Half or your butter (1.5 Tablespoons) over low heat in a large saucepan
- Add your Marshmallows (3 Cups) and continue to stir non-stop until melted
- Add 4 Drops of Yellow Food Coloring or more to get the bright Yellow color found in a candy corn. Stir in your coloring real well
- Remove from heat
- Add 3 Cups of Rice Krispies into your Yellow Marshmallow and Mix well
- Add your Mixture to the bottom of a mini cupcake pan that has ben sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Fill half way. Be sure to press and compact your mixture as much as possible
- Repeat the above except add Red and Yellow food coloring (achieve a orange color this time)
- Add Orange Marshmallow krispie Mixture on top of your yellow
- Place Frosting in a Ziplock bag and slice a very small cut in the corner of your bag and swirl icing on top of your Rice Krispie Bites. Add a Candy Corn on top of each
Let us know in the comments if you will be trying this recipe… If you do we would like to see it!