We all love our little friend, Buddy the Elf on the Shelf! He is cute, mischievous and makes the children laugh most mornings! Over the past few years, we have been creating memories and a starting a new family tradition that will be passed down to our children…someday.
Waking up each morning brings a new surprise to your children’s face and it’s great to see. My favorite reactions are when our Buddy the Elf has been mischievous and he is mischievous more than he probably should be! The kids love it and think it is the most hilarious thing ever, plus it starts their morning on with a smile on their faces!
Each year, the hardest part of planning for all the fun our Elf on the Shelf will have through the holidays is coming up fresh ideas. So before the holiday season kicks off, I begin brainstorming ideas for our Elf, Buddy. This year I’ve come up with 30 Elf on the Shelf ideas that I hope your family enjoys with your little ones as well.
30 Elf on the Shelf Ideas for the Holidays
- Colors in your child’s coloring book
- Paints mustaches on all your family photos
- Fishes for Goldfish in the toilet
- Has a balloon party in your child’s room
- Goes for a sleigh ride
- Drops peppermints in the toilet because he had to go!
- Writes a good-bye letter for Christmas Eve and leaves it in your child’s stocking (points out specific things they did through the month)
- Makes special breakfast cookies for your child
- Catch him rocking out to Christmas Music when you return home
- Hangs from the tree and knocks ornaments on the floor
- Cuts out pictures of toy ideas for your child from magazines
- Tries to brush his teeth and makes a mess in the sink
- Hides in your child’s favorite breakfast bowl
- Has a tea party with action figures
- Hangs Christmas lights from your child’s curtains
- Takes a bubble bath in the sink (filled to the top with bubbles)
- Takes a nap with your fur babies
- Watches his favorite Christmas movie and balls like a baby so he throws tissue all over the floor
- Makes a mess with daddy’s shaving cream
- Writes messages outside in Christmas colored sidewalk chalk
- Makes a mess with Hershey’s Kisses (smear some on his mouth)
- Zip-lines across the kids room
- Knocks over baby powder on the bathroom counter and leaves his footprints behind
- Picks mom flowers
- Changes out all family photos to pictures of himself
- Makes a Christmas Tree using your child’s Light Brite System
- Wraps presents for the kids and leaves scraps all over the place
- Dumps the change jar
- Makes a comfy cabin out of Lincoln Logs
- Makes Q-Tip snowflakes
What Elf on the Shelf ideas can you add to the list?
Leave a Reply