Fall is the perfect time of year to bake up some delicious apple recipes. I’ve put together a list of 25 amazing apple recipes, but I also want to share a little I’ve learned about the different varieties and how to use each one best.
5 of the most common apples are Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Gala, and McIntosh. For baking, Gala & Granny Smith are best. Gala apples are sweet and a great apple to much on, especially for kids, while Granny Smith apples are very tart and are the most common apple used for pies. Red Delicious and Golden Delicious aren’t good for baking, because they can become mushy, but they work great for fruit salad, snickers salad, and for making applesauce.
Now that you know which apple to use for each recipe, check out the great apple recipes we’ve found! Don’t forget to try my Caramel Apple Tarts too!
- Apple Cranberry Pocket Pies
- Cranberry Apple Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Bars
- Mini Caramel -Glazed Honey Crisp Apple Bread
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Apples and Pecans
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Fall Harvest Cake
- Apple Strudel Cake
- Apple Pie Pancakes
- Apple Streusel Caramel Cupcakes
- Bite Size Apple Pie
- Caramel Apple Cheesecaketini
- Apple Betty Bars
- Dutch Baked Apples
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Apple Pie A la Mode Hot Chocolate
- Caramel Apple and Pear Crumble
- Apple Carrot Bread
- Caramel Apple Pudding Cake
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Pull-Apart Bread
- Apple & Spice Oatmeal Cream Pies
What are some of your favorite apple recipes?