Good morning everyone!
I wanted to take a moment to address the changes in the matchups that we had to do this past week. I know we are all having a hard time adjusting to the new lists (myself included), so I wanted you to get a glimpse of why we had to make this change.
Basically, with these new lists, I now share matchups with other sites instead of having to do them ALL myself. While I had to give up control of the matchups and how well they are done, I had to make this change for my family.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS I MISS MY KIDS.
I was doing matchups on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. That leaves one day a week I was not working on matchups. Plus we do regular posts every hour or more because we don’t want you to miss any chance to save.
While I can get help on the regular posts, I can’t on the matchups because they are are very, very time consuming to do and I can’t afford to pay someone to help me go through and make sure they were done correctly. I want to do everything we can to help you make the most of your money, but it was just becoming more than I could handle.
The problem is, spending all of those days doing matchups was taking away from my family in a big way.
So, we either had to change how we were doing matchups and share them with other bloggers to save us all time, or I was going to have to drop matchups ENTIRELY off the site. Matchups themselves take more hours a week to do than a regular part time job outside the home. Plus with the regular posts and the other stuff behind the scenes, I work on the site about 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I actually even considered shutting the site down entirely because I just can’t do it all.
I took that time away from my family for 2 1/2 years, and I need to focus less on matchups and more on my kids and husband. I MUST start putting my family first, so changing how we do matchups seemed like the only answer that would keep the site up and running and the matchups still there for you.
First things first, the bad side to these new matchups. Let’s get these out there first so we can talk about the good side.
1. I no longer choose what the “best deals” in the lists are. So there may be more good deals in the lists than are marked. Also, there are no blue dollar signs to show the good deals, just ten red dollar signs to show the very best deals, which may not actually be the best deals to you (or me) so I would read the whole matchup or you could miss something!
2. Some lists are later than you are used to seeing them. On the flip side, some are earlier as well. As time passes, we will see a pattern as to when the matchups are coming out, so we can get used to the new schedule.
3. You voted to keep Walmart Unadvertised Deals as well as our local matchups that no other site covers. These matchups are not compatible with the new matchup format. This means that we are on two platforms now, so searching lists for a particular sale item (that is coming soon, I am working on getting that all set up) and printing lists can no longer happen between all lists on the site. Walmart UNADVERTISED, Super 1 Foods, Trading Company and Yoke’s will be on one platform for searching and printing, and the other stores will all be on another. While this is an inconvenience, the information is still there for you. The other option would have been that we drop those 4 stores and only use the matchups on the new platform, but you all voted to keep them despite them being split up.
4. Sometimes there are typos, coupons that don’t match, coupons from our region not even being in the list, or other coupons that you may not have. Some of these things happened in the old matchups as well, but now I can’t fix it myself. We won’t be able to change some things, like coupons will not be removed that some people have, even if you don’t because so many bloggers share the lists. But some things can be fixed like typos or coupons that are in your area but are not in the list. Also if a coupon doesn’t match up right, it can be removed. But I need to let someone else know about it so THEY can fix it. So if you see something that isn’t right or doesn’t match, feel free to email me at email@example.com and I am more than happy to let them know about the issue. If there is one particular list that is having problems often, they will start paying more attention to that list, so that quits happening. We just have to work together instead of me doing it all.
While these are inconveniences, and we are all having an adjustment period right now, I truly hope that you will understand why I had to go this route.
While there are several negatives to the new lists, there are positives as well:
1. We can bring you more stores. We are adding Dollar Tree back in and we have also added Winco which has been a highly requested list. We will be doing a vote once we get through this transition phase to see what other stores you would like us to bring to the site!
2. With all the time I am saving by sharing matchups instead of going through them all myself, I not only get to see my family and be a mom again, I will have more time to find individual deals to match up with new coupons that come out! So you still have the matchups, but you will also get more posts of deals that I would not have had time to cover before.
3. We are going to have a cool new search feature! We will be able to search for any item that we are wanting to know where the best price is. Looking for oranges? Search who has the best price this week! Kids begging for fruit snacks? Search to see who has the best deal going on so you don’t pay more than you need to! I am working on getting that set up right now, and will hopefully be rolling that out for you in the next few days.
4. I will be able to go to the store more to watch for Unadvertised Deals in our area for you! The stores always have all kinds of amazing buys that are not in the ads! Doing all of those matchups does not leave me time to be able to just walk the stores and see what the deals are, now I will have more time to walk around and watch for those hidden buys!
I hope you can identify with why I had to make this change, and you will stick with us through it. The end result will be a better site with more deals to actually help you save even more, with me still having time to be the mom I need to be. Thank you so much for your support and understanding!
Check back often, we will have more deals than ever before!