Make homemade play dough, save money and the kids will love it!
Things You Will Need
- 2 qt. cooking pot
- food coloring
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 cup of salt
- container with lid
- Pour 2 cups of water into a 2 qt. cooking pot. Add food coloring, until your desired color is reached.
- Add 2 cups flour, 1 tbsp. cooking oil, 1 tsp. cream of tarter and 1 cup salt to the water into your water and food coloring and stir.
- Cook the mixture over medium-high heat while constantly stirring. Once the mixture has thickened and pulls away from the sides of the cooking pot, remove the pot from the heat and allow the dough to cool enough so you can handle it.
- Remove the play dough mixture from the pot and knead it for two minutes or until it is the texture of play dough.
- Place the homemade play dough in a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
* you can store the the play dough in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. if it dries out just knead it with a little water
Do you have a fun DIY Kid’s Craft and would like it to be featured on Raking In The Savings? Just send us an email at email@example.com with a picture (must be your original picture, not copied off the internet ) and instructions and we will share it with your fellow readers!